Home and Community Care Services
Interior Health Community Integrated Health Services
Home and Community Care is just one service of many programs provided under Interior Health Authority (IHA) in the North Okanagan.
Wound care and dressing changes:
Have you recently had an operation or have an illness that requires regular appointments with a professional nurse to have wound dressing changes or other post operation procedures done?
This nursing care is available to you in our Lumby Health Centre or in your home if you are unable to come to the Health Centre. Once you have a doctor referral you will be notified by Home and Community Care services to organize an appointment time at Lumby Health Centre.
How do you access this care?
- Doctor referral – Your family doctor can contact the Interior Health Community Integrated Health Services and request that you be given an appointment to have your health procedure cared for on a regular basis at the Lumby Health Centre.
- Make self-referral – if you do not have a family doctor but need help with an ongoing health care procedure you must go to a walk- in clinic and request a doctor referral on your behalf to Interior Health Community Integrated Health Services.
Health care resources available to you 24 hours a day:
- BC Healthlink 8-1-1 (free phone call) or visit www.healthlinkBC.ca
You can speak to a nurse and get answers to your health related questions.
- BC Health Guide (available at most Pharmacies)
- Phone 911 for emergencies or go to the nearest hospital